11:00 am ET: Leading High Functioning Remote Engineering Teams: What it Feels Like to Be On a Failing Team vs. a Succeeding Team (Emil Aite, Co-Founder and CTO of Hoppier)
During this session, Emil will ask and answer the following questions:
- What does it if feel like to be a remote engineer on a failing team?
- How can you know if your team is failing or succeeding?
- How can you treat processes differently as a remote engineering team?
- What does a future look like default to remote?
- What you can do to lead a high functioning engineering team?
12:00 pm ET - Coping with Sudden Remoteness and the Permanent Impact of COVID-19 on the Future of Work (by Hrishikesh Pardeshi, Co-founder of Flexiple, Remote Tools & Remote Clan)
A month or so back, I was curious to understand objectively how Covid-19 has affected our work-life and what permanent impact the crisis will have on remote work.
So, we spoke to ~1000 people about -
1. Their experience working remotely suddenly
2. How prepared or supportive was their company?
3. Does their company have any long-term plans around remote?
In this session, I will focus upon -
1. Statistics & findings based on our survey
2. Lessons/ best practices to tackle the points mentioned in the survey
3. What the future of (remote) work looks like - tools, communities, companies